Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Best of 2015 Weddings

To say 2015 was a busy year would be an understatement. My business grew in ways I never imagined, but more importantly, it forced me to grow, too. Until this year, I didn't realize what a true gift and pleasure it is to be invited into a couple's life and document their wedding journey. I hustled to provide a more personal photography experience. I want to be more than just a wedding photographer, I want to be a professional with knowledge and experience that puts a bride at ease, or gets a groom excited to see his fiance in her wedding gown. I cried with couples, laughed with them, and am lucky enough to consider them more than just clients. To each and every soul that I photographed this year, THANK YOU. I would not be where I am today if you hadn't welcomed me into your life exactly when you did. I hope the experiences we all shared were as memorable for you and they were for me. Your love and happiness has been documented forever, frozen in time, and I'm so honored that I was the one you chose to capture those moments. This post is for all of you. May your futures be bright and filled with love; I truly hope we can continue to influence each other and work together.

So much love and appreciation,
Kate

To Rose and Jakob, thank you for your immediate trust and appreciation for my work at our very first meeting. That feeling was more than I could ever describe.

To Amy and Greg, thank you for putting up with the winter's cold, the summer's heat, the edges of cliffs, and walking through the woods in heels, all for the sake of capturing the perfect shot. Your photos gave me goosebumps while I edited them.

To Marissa and Jeff, thank you for your patience on your windy wedding day as we huddled together to stay warm and pose group photos. Also, thank you for making Tyler feel so welcome as a second shooter and assistant. The Bloody Marys were amazing :)

To Krystina and Dustin, thank you for introducing me to your furbabies and for sharing your adventuresome energy with me. Your wedding day was simply FUN.

To Bill and Brenton, I can't thank you enough for the pleasure of being a part of your momentous and historic day. It truly was one of the greatest weddings I have ever captured, and the photos only scratch the surface of the memories and emotions of that day.

To Steve and Steph, thank you for taking me along on one of the greatest wedding adventures I have ever been a part of. Next time, the mojitos in Jamaica are on me ;)

To Stacie and Jimi, thank you for being so comfortable with yourselves and each other that I felt like you showed me your true beings. It was incredibly refreshing, and it made me value my own work more.

To Brooke and Adam, thank you for understanding the value of this passion that is my profession, and for choosing me to be a part of your intimate day. I know how much the images mean to you. My heart was singing because you wanted me to be your photographer, no matter the amount of time we spent together.

To Sam and Josh, I am still so touched by how deeply you love each other and those around you. The warmth and joy that your radiate is so special, I hope you both never lose that quality and your zest for life.

To Kelsey and Peter, thank you for proving to me that a love of craft beer and the Green Bay Packers really does make your relationship stronger ;)

To Miranda and Adam, your trust was so important to me because you are photographers yourselves! It's the greatest honor to have someone in your field ask you to document their special day, thank you.

I've selected a photo from each of your weddings that moved me, made me excited, or that I feel captured your love the best. I hope we can make memories together again in the near future. Here's to 2016 and the adventures that await. Happy New Year!





































All images copyright of KLEM Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment